Tidbits of My Life

So this all started when my dear friend Jen decided to tag me in her survey. Ok, so I always enjoy surveys that make you learn more about people. I do not like to be pressured into them so I am going to answer the questions but not contiune the chain part of this. Yeah, yeah, I suppose that is cheating somewhat but I don't like to play by the rules. I found the questions Jen asked to be extra intriguing due to her interest in social media in general, so I figured it's be fun to respond!

Here are the questions Jen asked:

1. What made you want to start a blog?
Well, I have had a blog on and off since I was in high school.  I have always loved writing and reading about other peoples lives/adventures.  It was several friends whose blogs I frequent that made me what to start blogging again!

2. Do you read any blogs besides your own? What are your favorites?
Oh my goodness, yes!  I LOVE reading blogs!  I actually really enjoy photography blogs, in addition to reading about my friends lives.  Below are several of my favorites and why.

Abby Grace Photography - I think Abby's images speak for themselves.  How amazingly talented is she?!?!  If you haven't gotten married yet and need a photographer, she is the person I'd reccommened to you.  Her bubbly personality and cheery disposition make working with her a joy!

Amie - A dear friend and an amazing mother, this woman is my hero.  She has been brave enough to share the past 6 months of her life with us through her blog, and her willingness to be so vulnerable is inspirational!  She has such a way with words that it just sucks you in!

Leah - I met Leah in 2005 through a mutual friend, Tiffany.  She has since gotten married, had two boys and takes AMAZING photographs.  I am jealous of her natural talent and while I love taking photos I have yet to figure out how to channel that love into beautiful images.

Katelyn James Photography - I am kinda obsessed with Katelyn's new puppy, Bokeh, and her natural ability in interior decorating.  She has posts about each room in her house with before and after photos.  I love it!

Jasmine Star -  OK, so this pretty lady I am sure doesn't even know I exist but she has changed my life.  Not only is she one of the best photographers out there, she loves Jesus and is an encouragement to everyone!!!  I always feel like we have just had coffee after reading one of her blogs, or that she is my biggest fan after reading her magazine, EXPOSED.  It's inspirational to know there are successful people out there that are actually really awesome when you strip off the fame!

Jen - So I met Jen in January of 2010.  We worked together and over the next year and a half we became great friends!  How is it that she has lived here this whole time and we just met?!?!  Well, last May Jen moved to Michigan, and it's been kinda lonely here at work without her.  I LOVE her blog cause it allows me to keep up with her life even though she has moved far away.

There are others, whose blogs I read but these are the ones I read most often.  Prob due to the fact that they are updated fairly consistantly.  I am not the best at posting either so I completely understand friends!!!

3. How would you feel if Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and Pinterest all ceased to exist one day?
I would not like that.  It's become a part of how we communicate with people near and far.  I would no longer have this quick link to far away friends or relatives.  It's a little werid to think about.

4. Is there a name you wish your parents had given you other than your own?
I actually really like my name!  I take pride in being named after such an amazing women in the Bible!

5. Describe your personality in one word.
Silly.

6. Who is the one person you'd trade your left ear to meet (living or dead, famous or not).
Joshua's Grampy.  He left such a legacy to his family and I am sad I didn't get to meet him.  All the stories I hear make him come alive somewhat but it would have been cool to have met him.

7. What's your favorite way to kill time?
The internet.  Oh the things you can do on there!

8. Are you a magazine reader?
I do enjoy magazines.  My favorite is People Magazine.  I suppose I am not really obsessed with celebrities but I enjoy reading about people and their lives.

9. You can travel to one place for the weekend, but it has to be in the United States. Name it.
Alaska.  Although I might want to stay longer than a weekend.

10. What tends to be your main goal each day?
To choose happiness.  I don't like being crabby and I find if I choose to be happy then my day is much more enjoyable.

11. Your idea of the perfect evening is:
Hanging out with my husband and eating food!  There should always be food involved in the evening.  It doesn't make much difference what we are doing but I generally love just being with him!

I hope you have enjoyed this edition of getting to know me better.  Feel free to ask me more questions if I didn't elaborate enough!

Comments

Emily said…
YAY! What a fun blog post!
Leah said…
i loved reading this and 'getting to know you' better! and your super sweet for ever reading my blog......its sooo BORING! haha! but i'm so like you, i love reading about others and whats happening with them!
Jennifer said…
I forgot to comment on this! Thank you so much for actually participating in this and for always saying such nice things about me...even though I don't deserve it. :) Miss you!

Popular Posts