You Steady My Heart

There it was...  the magazine that made all those feelings I'd been holding in come rushing out.  It wasn't anything totally out of the ordinary.  Just a silly magazine.  Chloe must have gotten bored and tore it to shreds.  It was mine and she should know better!

So there I fell into the floor weeping like a small child.  "I don't want to do this anymore..." I said out loud.  Why do I have to?  I'm tired of being the strong one!  I want everything to just fix itself and not have to deal with this.  That is when I heard it, "I'm strong for you."  He is...  I don't know how I am gonna make it much longer.  "Trust me."  I just feel so weak sometimes...  But there, in that tiny moment, was when I realized that it's ok to feel this way.  It's ok to fall apart sometimes, it's ok to be mad.  It's a reminder of how much I rely on God for support to get through the day.

Through all of this I know that He will never leave me and He has been holding me this whole time.  When I fall apart and feel totally alone He is there reminding me that I am not alone and He is there to pick up the pieces of my heart and put them back together.


Comments

Popular Posts