Once Upon An Ornament

One of my most favorite things about Christmas is decorating the tree!  Ever since I was a little girl we would put up our tree on Thanksgiving after we ate dinner.  Pumpkin pie was always enjoyed after all the decorations were put up and Christmas music was playing in the background.  This tradition started because my Daddy was in the Navy and it was not a guarantee he'd be home in the coming weeks to decorate, so we always took advantage of family time, even if it was a tad early for most people.

I always had my favorite ornaments.  The icicles, the glass bells were fun, my sister had a bear with a train that actually moved!  I had a teddy bear with my name engraved.  The drummer boys and the delicate angels from my great grandmother.  Christmas isn't just a time of year, it's when memories come alive!

When Joshua and I got married we started with all new ornaments.  I was excited about them but it was weird not having all the ones I grew up with.  Sure I took a couple of them when I got married that were mine, but I didn't take the whole kit and caboodle!  Now that a couple years have past I have gotten more excited about opening that box of memories!

One of the first ornaments we received was from Joshua's Mom and Dad.  It's one of my all time favorites now!!!


 My Momma bought me our first ornaments.  They are angels.  My sister and my Momma both have a matching set.

     

I also have an awesome shoe ornament!  You know you're jealous!

We were given several of our ornaments.  This one came in a basket from NRVCC when we got married.


This one came from my lovely sister-in-law Caitlyn.


I got this one last year from a co-worker.  I still love it! <3


Then there are the many ornaments we got from my lovely friend Tiffanie:-)


She got these with Joshua in mind...  I think they speak for themselves.


Of course I bought some too.  This one was bought on our honeymoon:-)


I got this one at the Puffin Shop in Maine.


 This gem was purchased for my airplane lovin' hubby.


All these help with the specialness that is Christmas.  It's like a transporter back in time to the moment we bought or were given the ornament.  The reasons behind ornaments make them all the more special.  Over the years there will most likely be more ornaments to add to our tree, and we will have new memories that go along with them! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts