Waiting

Waiting is always hard.  For that trip you've been dreaming of, for warmer weather, for test results that could change your life, for the birth of a child.  Even if the waiting is exciting, it's always hard.  These past few weeks I feel like I've just been waiting...  It's hard.

Through the pain and the tears, which still randomly, against my will, flow freely from my eyes.  I see hope at the end of this waiting, but it's not easy or fun.  The past few weeks have been extra difficult for me.  It started with the announcement of a pregnancy, this baby due just 4 days before mine was.  I unexpectedly burst into tears.  People tell you it's normal for this to happen but it's a very odd emotion to be excited for someone yet so very jealous at the same time.  That should have been me too.  Since then it seems everywhere I turn there is another excited family announcing a pregnancy.  They have every right to be excited!  I would be too!  It's just hard to have a constant reminder of what you've lost everywhere you turn.

It's hard to understand just what God is doing when you are in the midst of pain.  I know He knows best, and has a perfect plan for our family.  It's often easier to tell yourself that, than to believe it.  I know there are so many reasons I am blessed.  I am so very grateful for this life I have, even through all the tears these past few weeks.  I know that as time passes the tears will lessen and the hurt will heal.  I know one day I will be able to look back at this and know God really did have a better plan than I did.

Comments

Popular Posts