The Blue Screen of Cell Phone Death

So Thursday evening around 10PM, I was upstairs preparing for bed and Pandi was tagging along like normal.  She follows me everywhere...  Anyways, I had plugged in my cell phone and was tucking the sheet back under the mattress, walked around to turn the light on, on the other side of the room and back to my side where my cell phone laid.  I went to pick it up when I realized it was sitting in the middle of a pretty large wet spot and also had little drops on the screen.  Pandi had struck again.  Never, in a million years did I expect her to pee on our bed, but she had.  I calmly went about dealing with the situation at hand.  Cell phone drying, putting it in a bag of rice, taking the battery out, stripping the sheets off the bed...  You know, all those things you wish to do late at night.

We quickly remade the bed and started the wash.  By morning my cell phone seemed to be ok, then I plugged it in.  It wouldn't charge.  Uh oh.  I had to go to work so I couldn't worry about trying to fix anything.  On the way to work I called my Dad and then after tried to call Joshua.  My phone then gave me the blue screen of cell phone death...  It's black, not blue, but I still felt like my phone had given me the middle finger.  Once at work we stuck it in the vacuum oven to see if it would help.  You see, it's worked before so we had high hopes.  I had my old phone and planned to charge it and log on and change phones for the day.  Guess whose website isn't working?  Yep!

I'm at work so it's not like I need my phone really, so I carry on with the day surrounded by most people I might chose to contact.  Honestly, other than not knowing the time it wasn't too bad.  Went to dinner and downtown with some peeps from work all without my phone.  Had an overall fun day!

This morning I when I woke up I found that Joshua had success at the store the night before!  He had taken the poor dead thing and talked to the people there.  In the end they gave me a new phone since I had only had it like 3 weeks, so it was still under warranty.  The moral of the story is, don't let your dog pee on your phone, and don't ask me how you prevent that cause I don't know! 

Comments

Emily said…
Oh goodness! What a "fun" adventure! Glad it worked out in the end!

Popular Posts